- Disinfects in 1 minute and protects ports for up to 7 days if not removed
- Twists on easily and stays securely in place on commonly used needleless connectors
- Brightly coloured to help clinicians verify and measure compliance
- In vitro testing shows effectiveness against the six microorganisms commonly associated with CLABSI: Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida glabrata, and Candida albicans
- Meets 2016 Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice for add-on devices published by INS
- For single-use only
3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Cap for Needleless Connectors is an alcohol-containing cap that twists onto ports for disinfection and protection. Each cap contains 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA), which bathes the surface of the port and disinfects it in 1 minute. Consistent use of the caps on I.V. needleless connectors, is associated with decreased CLABSI.
3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Cap for Needleless Connectors are dispensed as individual caps or on a convenient ten-cap strip, which can be hung from I.V. poles for easy access. Strips have a hanger on both ends so the strip can be cut if necessary. 3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Port Protectors for Home Use With a medical prescription, patients can order 3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Port Protectors for home use. Please click on the “send us a message” button below to fill out the form and a representative will contact you.
- Disinfect needleless connectors before line access
- May be used in the home or a healthcare facility
- 3 year shelf life. Please refer to product expiration date
- Use only on needleless connectors. Do not use on open female luers